8TH JULY HAUTE COUTURE: AUTUMN/WINTER 2014-15 - PARIS

Friday 11 July 2014
Paris, France
Chanel

At the Chanel's fashion show, there were some very interesting outfits. Some I absolutely loved, but there were some that just didn't really make sense to me. Of course I will explain more of that bellow. 

Throughout the show I got an impression of Oliver Twist or something that people wore in the 18th century, and to be honest it was very surprising from Chanel. Usually Karl Lagerfeld makes the outfits look very classy, but this time he showed a different side of his talent, historical. He is a very talented designer, as everyone knows, and this is why I'm not surprised he could make this collection work with his inspiration from the past. 

All the outfits were paired with flip-flops, and this was a different turn from the usual. I'm not saying it was a bad turn, but not what I was expecting. The models weren't only all wearing flip-flops, but caps and quiffs on the back of their heads. I'm not really into hats/caps as they don't really suite me, but any of these I would absolutely wear without arguing. Speaking of accessories, the bags were satchel bags, and they weren't at all inspired by the 18th century. Very trendy and fashion forward. I really liked how they still matched the outfit, and made the outfit chic and up to date. 

A-line and Trapeze shapes were seen in dresses and skirts on the runway, and these cocktail attire had a nice palette of greys, (pale gold, black and smoky white). In the show I've seen a bit of crystals in different places, I do think they gave the whole show a bit of an elegance and excitement to it. Crystals are always great on clothes, of course if you over do it you might end up looking trashy.

(Please continue reading, you will find my comments on the outfits at the end of each look.)




This outfit was the best one on the runway, according to me. I could see myself going to a ball in this dress or even going to a wedding. Not sure if I could pull it off as a wedding dress but it just looks amazing!! I absolutely adore the arm warmers, and for the winter I will be getting some of that! With this dress I love every inch of it, and you wouldn't have to ask me twice to try it on!


This look did not turn out very well! Kendall Jenner wore it proudly and looked amazing, but can we say the same to the dress, erm no! I think it just looks like she went to a rug shop and wrapped it around her body and went on the runway. I was very shocked how this one didn't turn out to be as good as the rest of the collection, and Kendall had to wear it?! Did Karl know that this look was the bad one out of the collection, and put Kendall in it so she makes it look better? Nobody knows what happened there, but all I know is wearing a rug as a dress is a no-no to me!

On the plus side, the bag looked cool, but I can't say anything nice about this look, sorry Karl.